Much needed TLC for the beloved Yuraygir Coastal Walk (Yuraygir National Park)
The fires of late 2019 have left it’s mark on parts of the beautiful Clarence Valley coastline, however, there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel as much needed upgrades and repairs are due to commence.
Soon we will be able to walk where the emu’s walked and appreciate the Yuraygir National Park in all it’s full glory again. Patience really does pay off and now we get to reap the benefits.
Places that will be indulging in pampering and reconstruction include:
- Boorkoom Campground – February – May, reopening for school holidays in April
- Wilsons Headland Walking Track – Now - Late April
- Illaroo Campground – April – June
- Parts of the first section of the Yuraygir Coastal Walk (Between Mara Creek Picnic Area south to Shelley Beach) – February – April
- Angourie Lookout – March - May
- Angourie Steps –June – July
In the meantime keep exploring!
The Clarence Valley is full of spontaneous moments with adventure and fun at every turn. It’s natural beauty is addicting and always seems to have something more to offer. We want to encourage you to explore our magnificent rivers, beaches and unique towns and villages and adopt the local way of life even if it is for a little while.
You’re in the right spot for inspiration, a few clicks here and there and you have the trip of a lifetime planned!